Tuesday, February 17, 2004

The Good, the Sad, and the Scary

Ah, the joys of work politics: Looks like there's a reasonable chance that I'll be able to hold on to my job for the next eight months at least, assuming that my colleagues act somewhat civilized, give me a break and allow me to give up my Saturday nights for eternity. Still, it'll be nice to put this mess behind me and get on with working with smelly dangerous chemicals at weird hours.

None of the regular master's students besides me was able to make it to lecture today, so I got to demonstrate my mastery of some of the material before an early dismissal. Good to know that I have some clue as to what's going on, and that the 36-hour marathon review-and-homework-session over this weekend did me some good (nobody should have to read 400+ pages of organic chemistry over three days... I'm getting nightmares of enolate reactions).

The sis, bro-in-law, and niece are bidding sayonara to Washington Heights in favor of greener pastures in Joisey this week, which means that we've gotta prepare a big farewell lunch (according to TLW, comings and goings require celebratory meals)... so in addition to the two of us juggling a combined three jobs, a master's course, a sore throat, and missing a new episode of Queer Eye, we've gotta plan, shop, clean, and cook... feh!

Scary sight of the week: I got around to checking out one of the Easter eggs on the Rush in Rio DVD: a 1975 performance of "Anthem" from Fly by Night, featuring the boys in full 70s tight-shirts-and-perms, and Geddy Lee looking like Joan Baez *shudder* boy oh boy was fashion messed up the year I was born

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home