Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Tonight at Eight...

...Who knows where I'll be? We're back to the show-catching with a vengeance, after a ludicrously long absence. Monday was our return to Broadway by the Year, the first time we were there since the very first one. This one, featuring shows from 1963, was a great one for yours truly, since it featured songs from two of my all-time fave scores, She Loves Me and 110 in the Shade, as well as some tunes from a little known show called Oliver. Although there's been some of the usual kvetching from the ATC crew about the pacing and delivery of host Scott Siegel, TLW and I had a blast. Inspired by the surprise appearance of Toxic Audio at the show, we decided to catch them next, and score one for us! These guys are a-friggin'-mazing, kicking a capella style up a few dozen notches, with some of the funniest audience participation gags I've seen since Bill Irwin and David Shiner's Fool Moon. Get out there and see these guys and gals. Only complaint: the amplification is a bit overpowering in the second row where we sat, but I've really gotta pick up their CDs ASAP, and then figure out when we're catching this again.

Time for the "problems only a straight theatre queen has" segment of this blog: When you hear or use the expression "rush tickets," do you think of this, or this? I mean both (and I won't freak you out with my plans on someday staging 2112... we'll leave that for another time, ok?). Makes life so confusing (I mean, how many people know from Neil Peart and Kristin Chenoweth? Catherine, you don't count!)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home