Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Fun while it lasted...

Lag B'omer fun fun fun... got the hair cut, the beard trimmed, and made it to a piano bar for the first time in over a month; for some reason, Marie's was closed, so it was off to the Duplex where, with a couple of Sam Adamses in me, I managed to warble through an only slightly off-key rendition of "Sometimes a Day Goes By"... sheesh, but I'm rusty.

Getting my final presentation together for class; describing a 9-step synthesis of a longifolane sesquiterpene (I really should check if the Scrabble dictionary allows either of those words... I still won't beat Richie, but it would be fun to know a word or two that he doesn't)... now, if only I could properly explain why oxidizing a cyclic allylic alcohol with PCC can cause oxygen migration to the beta position, I'd be finished... after this semester, I think I'm gonna just pass out for about two weeks straight, and then get to work on (dum de DUM dum) my thesis (ulp!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home