Thursday, April 22, 2004

Big MAC

Nice surprise came in the mail yesterday: MAC (the Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs) sent me their awards ballot. While it's hard for me to vote on many of the categories (I simply haven't seen enough shows to judge), they pulled a nice one this year for the "best new song" and "special materials" categories: a CD featuring all the nominated numbers! As a result, I was able to hear David Buskin's uproarious "Bumper Huntin'" and Hector Coris's "In Heaven (they sing nothing but showtunes)," as well as Maria Gentile's gutwrenching "Kindness makes me Cry." Nicely done, MAC; now, try to do something about getting your awards noticed by the major media, eh?

Major feh: Not gonna be able to see Gypsy or Finian's Rainbow again before they close, thanks to the whole s'firah thing. Ah, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home