Wednesday, March 31, 2004

HEY!

Oh, so Michael and Catherine get to road-trip out to see shows and leave me behind? thanks, guys! Then again, I've seen one sub-par Sweeney already, and that's really enough to last me for a while. Glad to hear that the new Cy Coleman musical sounds good; Bob Gunton has a great voice (gosh, have I heard him in anything since the Sondheim Evening concert album?), and Coleman deserves a better show than The Life or Lawyers, Lovers & Lunatics (what's with the "L"-shows, Cy?).

I may never be as cool as Catherine, but I've got one over on her. Thanks to the magic of ebay, I am now in possession of a collection called "Fantasia" (apparently pronounced "Fantassya") featuring assorted Hebrew versions of songs from (mostly) children's movie musicals ("Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang" with Israeli accents is going right up on the list of things that prove that truth is stranger than fiction). What this means, however, is that with this and Dudu Fisher's album, I now own two different Hebrew translations of "Over the Rainbow!"

So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home