Friday, May 20, 2005

Scattershooting

Thoughts of commiseration to Sarah, suffering from a different, though no less painful, strain of omer-itis than yours truly.

Powerful op-ed in today's Times, from an American who served in the IDF. As someone whose politics skew militantly moderate (what, you thought being straight and a musical theatre queen wasn't enough of a contradiction?), I found his points hitting home pretty hard.

Coolest thing that's happened to us so far since we've told people about the upcoming arrival: Julie Garnye, one of the sweetest regulars at Cast Party, dedicating a kickin' rendition of "The Story Goes On" from Baby to us. We're a little scared of what Brian has in store for us when we make our piano bar return (this is a man who routinely writes and sings x-rated parodies of Disney songs, and who I will someday forgive for eternally ruining "Part of Your World" for me). I do know, however, that I've gotta find a unique cool hobby to do with the kid... too bad someone's already done beekeeping...

Very nice webcomic that I've recently discovered: Count Your Sheep, a sweetly sad/ sadly sweet piece of work that draws inspiration from the much-missed Calvin and Hobbes without being a knock-off (Adrian Ramos, the artist, also mentions Disney's Lilo and Stich as a major influence, and I guess it shows in the family structure). I'm actually considering putting down a couple of bucks for one of his drawings (This strip and this one gave me the serious giggle fits.

Let's go, Mets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home