Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Reason for aliyah #4,732: Do you think anyone else in New York cares about why there were lyric changes between the original Israeli cast of My Fair Lady and the revival?

There are times when you realize that this world is just too $#@# small. "GI" Joel Sherman, director of the Scrabble club that I've been away from for far too long now, is going to be making his cabaret debut with gashole, a performance duo featuring Karen Mack, who I've known for centuries as a backup singer for Jay Bradley's annual show. Of course, I only got into Scrabble because of my friendship with co-worker Richie Lund, who hit it off with me when I recognized the work of his tattoo artist, who I knew thanks to Catherine, who I met back in my Renthead days. (Insert obligatory Kevin Bacon joke here).

Just in case I haven't already overshot my link quota for a single post: Natalie Douglas's Nina Simone CD is finally out, and it is magnificent, even though it only captures about one gazillionth of the intensity and energy that she puts forth on stage, which is still a gazillion times more than any of those American Idol posers, lemme tell you (anybody know the technical term for a gazillion squared, by the way?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home