Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Day the Music Went on Hiatus

Welp, Pesach came and went... well, there's still some remnants in chez Efrex, where the non-Pesach dishes are still in the closet (insert obligatory "closet" joke of your preference here), pending reversion of the kitchen back to "chometz" status, but the days of wine and matzah are definitely over, and the days of dieting are back on us (eight days, fer pete's sake! How does one get that far out of shape in eight days?).

The most irritating thing of post-Pesach, however, isn't the stomachache, the cleanup, or the "gotta get me a pizza now!" sensation. It's the realization that now starts the "music-free" time known as the omer. No live music for The Lovely Wife(tm) and myself for another four weeks, which means that we're gonna haveta do some serious running around to catch the Tony nominees this year, since we haven't seen any of the new shows and are only gonna have a week before the awards. Ah, well, such is life. Far more annoying is our missing out on a bunch of fun concerts happening around, including the "New Mondays" series at The 'plex, one of which will be featuring Julie Garnye, a relatively recent addition to the circle of insanely talented people who tolerate us for reasons beyond our comprehension. This also means no new cast recordings for me, which is going to make waiting for the new Sondheim CDs quite irritating.

On the other hand, I get a chance to re-read the Hitchhiker's Guide series again before seeing the movie... I've been seriously shortchanging my nerd credentials recently, so this'll be a good chance to catch up. Maybe I can finally learn all of my Scrabble stems, while I'm at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home