Friday, August 20, 2004

Turn the Beat Around

A very annoying mixup led to younger brother and myself not seeing Neil Peart & Co. Wednesday night; instead, we wound up catching the antics of Toxic Audio, who provide brilliant percussion, but of a slightly different bent. Followed that up with a trip with The Lovely Wife(tm) to Marie's and the Duplex. At the former, TLW met up with an old colleague (for those who don't know TLW, meeting up with old friends in random places is a completely mundane event for her. I keep expecting her to someday mention out of the blue: "Oh, I was supposed to meet the Pope for lunch yesterday. We worked together on the Polish version of Godspell"), and I killed my voice trying to match Jim Allen's volume (I finally learned the words to most of the Avenue Q songs, and "It Sucks to be Me" is turning into quite the singalong number).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home