Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Let there be music!

Aah, the joys of being able to irritate my colleagues with showtunes again. Decided to break the three-week music drought with the "Violet" cast recording (blind pick from the CDs I've been gloomily staring at for the last 21 days). We'll see what's to follow, but I'm leaning towards the Rush albums in preparation of catching 'em twice in August... The Lovely Wife(tm) is not so much of a prog-rock fan, so I've gotta get my Geddy fix at work ("Gotta get my Geddy?" Try saying that one five times fast...).

Natalie Douglas is reprising her Nina Simone show at Birdland... considering how much I loved it last time, I'm planning on being front and center for this one. August 9th at Birdland... Be there, and weep that no-talent idiots can make millions while one of the most amazing voices out there is still unknown.

Most exciting news of the day: I might be getting off the schedule-from-hell soon... one co-worker wants to work the Saturday midnights this rotation, and I might be up for a new position which works Monday-Friday (what a strange-looking work week... I haven't had Sundays off in about eight months). On the one hand, I'll miss getting all my shopping and shlepping done on Monday (no lines anywhere!), but it'll be nice trying to fit into the rest of humanity's schedule, particularly that of TLW(tm).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home