Monday, January 10, 2005

Here Come De New Year...

... Much like de old one, I'm afraid; still haven't quite gotten the hang of updating regularly. Big and exciting news of the past few weeks: spent new year's eve in Bal'mer, where TLW and I caught up with a couple of old friends, including the fabulous Luis Villabon in a production of JC Superstar. Now, it's weird enough to have three orthodox Jews watching a musical about you-know-who (my lame joke of the night: "We're part of an exchange program. We sent three Catholics over to see Fiddler on Broadway). Even weirder is hearing what sounds an awful lot like a D'veykus song in the score. (Listen to the last eight seconds of the clip from The Last Supper and tell me if "Always hoped that I'd be an apostle" doesn't sound "Hu Boreh U'Manhig" from "Ani Ma'amin"). Probably coincidence (the thought of Label Sharfman being an Andrew Lloyd Webber fan gives me the jitters), but bizarre nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home