Thursday, October 28, 2004

Boston Sox!

One should never complain about what one's spouse is a fan of, because there might always be something worse around the corner. Barry Manilow only looks like he's been around since 1918 (or I betcha he does once the makeup comes off), but the prolonged misery of the Red Sox fan is something positively primeval. The Lovely Wife(tm), a New England native, considers herself heir to a tradition of misery and suffering that can only be comprehended by others who think that the covering of a house is pronounced "ruf." Never mind that she couldn't name a single player on the current Sox team or explain the concept of a double play: This is *her* Sox team, dangnabit, and her husband will deal with her dancing for joy in the streets and on the subway.

Now that it's over, I can get back to much more important pursuits, such as tonight's return trip to Scrabble club 56. I haven't had much chance to review my word lists, so I'm not expecting that much of an improvement from my last time, but I'm aiming for at least one win against a ranked player and four bingos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home