Friday, January 23, 2004

Living la vida local

Well, the birthday surprises were quite fun. The Lovely Wife(tm) took me to Prime Grill for dinner, followed by tickets to Avenue Q (a riotously funny show, with as excellent an ensemble cast as I have any desire to see). A couple of the jokes were in questionable taste to my mind (I'm not a prude, but Rod's last line in "My Girlfriend" is just a cheap laugh and out of character to boot), but the overall whole is superb. Post-show, we hit Marie's, where I croaked out my usual off-key rendition of "Being Alive" and joined the "All that Jazz" dancing crew (that scratching sound you heard was Bob Fosse trying to claw his way out of his grave to strangle us).

Found out that my textbook for this semester isn't gonna cost me my firstborn. On the other hand, I haven't found out what shift I'm working next month, so who knows if I'll even be able to take the fershlugginer course. Ah, well... such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home